At this point, I anticipate that there will be big breaks in my blogging as the wait has begun. As far as I know, our dossier is enroute or in E-Country and I'm not sure when I'll know a status next. In the meantime, I'm in my last week for my big annual project at work - this week is sit and wait, and clean up week. I have sent my last work package to DC and am awaiting partner review comments and the release of the last official report for the year. There's also a possibility that the management for the consolidated group, of which we are a part, will ask for something, so I have to pretty much be on call some part of this week and next. I will then be on hiatus until probably April next year. I plan to work as much as possible on other projects over the next 5 months to try to sock away some extra dough - not knowing how Mike's work will be affected next year by the economic downturn and what my availability for work will be with our adoption, God willing, finalizing.
Our goal is to be home with our kids as much as possible. Certainly for the first six months or more we plan to try to alternate work schedules and minimize any assistance we'll need so as to focus on attachment and bonding with the little ones. The biggest challenge is to decide to turn down a contract when I don't have any definite information about the timing or certainty of our adoption; and if I accept it, then I am committed and will have to fulfill. For example, in April, we had a birthmother decide to parent her baby, if I hadn't signed my contract for this year right around that time, I would have had a difficult time finding something to substitute, but if she had followed through on her adoption plan, we'd have been juggling. Timing, in general, is just a difficult thing when you're dealing with adoption and I've given it to God. It's funny how I'm always "giving" things to God - he had them in the first place, I was just foolish enough to think my worrying or trying to control them would have some impact. Aaah, the lessons this process brings.... Wish I were a quicker study, things might move faster.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment