I sit and wait for Jetu to fall asleep.... She's awakened her sister; she's been seated on the naughty spot for 3 minutes; she's been "soooooo hungry"; she's had multiple drinks of water, what else.... I'll tell you what else... She fell asleep in the car on the way to my office after pre-school today. I woke her up and made her walk up the stairs (holding her hands) hoping she'd wake up. She chose to lay down on the sofa at the office rather than watch a video she wanted to see - right back out that quickly. The landlord showed an open office and I felt bad that she was there on the sofa in the shared space, so I moved her to my office where she slept on the chair for a while. I woke her up to go pick Nebyat up and made her walk downstairs by herself again - she got in the car and immediately went back to sleep, so she had an hour to an hour-and-a-half nap. AND, HERE I SIT FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF tonight, feeling my frustration rise. This child just cannot take a nap and be expected to go to bed between 8 and 8:30.
Jetu wakes up at 7am it seems, no matter what time she goes to sleep. Nebyat HATES to wake up for school in the morning; I try to start her slowly at 10 minutes before 7 as I need her dressed, teeth brushed, downstairs for breakfast and hair by 7:20. We need to leave the house at 7:40 to go across the street and get her to school on time.
Oh and surprise, surprise, those same girls have absolutely no problem rising at 7 or 7:15 on the weekends....
Okay, just had to vent and this definitely reaffirms the decision to forego naps fror Jetu! Bedtime has gotten much, much better and I'm actually missing some of my forced quiet time - I started watching movies on my DVD player with headphones or reading or folding laundry or reading Adoption Yahoo Group digests; I'm just not getting as much done as I used to while waiting for them to drift off to sleep. Hallelujah!
3 years ago


1 comments:
i feel your pain...night time (midnight-4amish) is our struggle. oh...the day she sleeps though the night. i can't wait! :)
Post a Comment