CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday, Nebyat

Nebyat,

I know nearly a month has passed since your birthday, but I'm just now posting pictures and finishing the thoughts I wanted to share with you on this your first birthday in our new family.

I am so grateful to God that He's given us this opportunity to parent you. You are such an amazing blessing to me and your Papa. You are one of the most caring and generous people I've ever met. It's been such a pleasure getting to know all about you over this last 8 months.

When you took one cookie to school and shared it with 12 of your classmates, not eating any of it yourself, I knew you were generous.

When you packed all of your Easter candy into another basket for our friends, Jay and Colleen, as a welcome home present, I knew you were thoughtful.

When you so wanted to help the homeless woman trying to keep out of the rain in the parking lot, I knew you were far more caring and selfless than most 7 year olds.

When we set off for your school that first time in January, I knew you were brave.

When you cracked up laughing at me when I slipped and fell down in the kitchen, I knew you
had a good sense of humor.

When you squealed with delight after scaring a scream out of Papa or me, I knew you were funny.

When you chopped and chopped veggies for our special chili until your hands ached, I knew the committed helper you were.

When you awoke from the sleep I found you in at the orphanage, and came out to meekly hug your new mama, I knew I loved you as much as if I had carried you in my belly.


There are so many more things that I've learned about and love about you - I so look forward to watching you grow into the beautiful and dynamic young woman I know you will be.

Thank you for letting me in, for trusting me, for allowing me to love you and comfort you, for letting me be your mommy.

I know it's your birthday and you deserve all the gifts, but you are the gift, Mama's Sweetie Girl.

We love you more than you can know.

Love,
Mama & Papa


3 comments:

sue said...

so impressed with your party planning! looks like she had a great time! i can't wait to see you all!

TJ said...

LOL - My party planning skills are far more limited, I promise you. A very good friend who is very talented [obviously] did everything as a gift to us. She asked for my budget and she kept it within that pretty much and pulled it all together. She's just amazing and needs to find a way to do this for a living - she's got a definite passion and the talent to go with!
Thank you Miss Tracy & Miss Lady for helping too!

TJ said...

I also have to thank Barbie as well! The party would not have been the same without you!