Well, here we are. I sit as MY CHILDREN "read" their books before falling asleep this beautiful night, after kisses and hugs and prayers thanking God for Mommy and Papa, etc. Mothers Day 2010 - I wondered often if this day would come, that I'd be a mom again, that I'd experience that love of a child, your own child, that is like no other. I feel so blessed to be here in this place and I am so glad that we stepped out in faith that God would lead us to this family.
We went to church this morning, and then over to Portsmouth for lunch and the Gosport Art Festival. I didn't volunteer this year to work the festival, but thought we'd at least support my favorite charity, Edmarc Hospice for Children, by attending.
I took a look back at posts from the last two Mothers Days; click here and here. I have to say it is so, so much better being on this side of all of the uncertainty and waiting. It is a scary proposition this trusting God with your heart regarding something you desire to your core; and, there were times when I was afraid to risk it. That's when I learned a little more about what it meant to "accept God's will" over my own. We had no control, We could only trust and continue to pursue this to the ends of the earth [literally], through every obstacle, distraction, disappointment without the knowledge that in the end we would succeed. All the glory is HIS! and, we couldn't have planned it better than how it's turned out. Our expectations were exceeded tenfold.
There's a link in the 2009 Mother's day post to our agency's Mother's Day video which I thought was just beautiful, loved the music, and here's the happy one for this year - don't blink, but we made it!
We also got to spend time with my mom this week which just gets even more special as the girls realize that we have limited time only a couple of times per year for these visits, and as their ability to communicate has improved. I thank God for my mom and the amazing example she's always set for her children and grandchildren. We wish she'd stayed and celebrated with us today, but are grateful for the time we had together. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment