I joined an adoption support group recently that meets once a month; it comes recommended by my friends who adopted beautiful twin boys from Haiti and came home last fall. I've only attended one meeting, but everyone was lovely and I can see why others have found the group a great place of hope, encouragement and strength. They told me that miracles happen when this group gathers and prays for its members. There was another new family there that had just signed on for what they anticipated would be a multiple year-wait to adopt from China. They had expressed that they were open to some special needs. We all prayed that night and they posted this week, that after only 6 weeks, they received and accepted the referral for a beautiful baby girl with some manageable cleft palate issues yet to be addressed - we have the best surgeons for this specialty in the world right here locally. There was literally talk of a 3-5 year wait and six weeks later they're the proud parents of this beautiful baby (they should travel in the next 5 or 6 months I think). I'm a believer of miracles, but now I'm convinced there's something to this particular group's claim. You can bet I'll be returning to offer some support to others in the process, but also to ask for some more prayer for our E Country referral to come through and soon.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment