Well, I have not updated this blog because there's really been no news. I did hear from our agency rep that the girls were moved to the transition/foster home that the agency sponsors in the capital city, however that is all she said. Our in-country coordinator has had no electricity for days and he was not apparently able to contact the state-side people after mid-week. We're hoping that there's still a chance he was able to submit our paperwork and request a court date for us. It's very difficult not knowing the timing of things, but I do understand that this is international adoption and such luxuries as information come few and far between.
I'm feeling pretty peaceful that the timing is in God's hands and that it will come, it is just a matter of time. We could get in before the rainy season and be home this summer; we could get pushed to October when the courts reopen and travel in November or so; we could get in before all the pending cases are heard; we could get pushed behind all the waiting cases; we could get in before rainy season, but not pass the first time, then be pushed to fall. I could go on and on and in my mind, I do. My concern is just that we get through the process and home as soon as possible for the girls and so as not to risk something freezing up or closing. I try not to dwell on those scenarios (back to that peace thing...), but of course, we've seen it happen so many times.
Hopefully, we will have good news to post about our case as well as the other cases held up in the ban.
Please pray that the girls are settling in, not too frightened and confused, and getting good care; that they are making friends with the other children; and, that they are being prepared (as much as is possible) for the adoption. Also, pray for God to move in Ethiopia and kick Satan out of this process - Satan so obviously loves to keep families apart and he surely hates adoption!
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment