CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Week and Counting

One week from tomorrow is our scheduled court date in Ethiopia to finalize the adoption of our girls. I honestly do not know where the last month has gone. We could be travelling to pick the girls up in as little as 5 weeks.

I am overwhelmed with emotions and feel somewhat unable or unwilling to unleash them; I'm not quite sure where it will lead. Most of the time I am overjoyed and excited; at other times, I feel full of anxiety about the unknown. This is such a monumental thing that will drastically change so many lives. Knowing that is one thing, experiencing it firsthand is another.

At some point, I want to write a message to each of our girls. I want to addess some of their very limited history and birth family. I want to share about being a mom again. I want to explore my concerns and anxieties. I instead will focus on the practical for the time being - there's the room preparation, minimal, but necessary clothing purchases, language studies, pediatrician selection, etc. Oh, and of course, all the other things that go on whether we have this impending change or not, you know, like work, and groceries, and housekeeping, etc. This is where I must focus for now.

I think I've come down with a bit of a cold and I'm going to bed early - there's a little germ monger who was here visiting I have to thank for that! Love and miss you Josiah!

1 comments:

Juli said...

i'm just dying to hear!