I have much to catch up on here in Blogville, but I just thought I'd share a couple of language moments from the week before I forget. I WILL catch up.
I pulled a big pile of clothes out of the dryer; as they lay on the floor, Nebyat and Jetu seized the moment and jumped into the pile, not fully understanding the warmth to come. Nebyat expressed her definite pleasure by saying, "Delicious, Mommy!" My sentiments exactly - nothing more "delicious" than sinking into a warm pile of fresh-smelling laundry or lowering into a tub of perfectly hot water.
The girls, big brother, Michael and I ventured out this afternoon. I said, "We're going to the library!" Jetu said, "Yaaaay, we're going to the strawberry!"
It is pretty amazing how much they are communicating in English. We were estimating maybe 50-50 at this point, even with fairly limited vocabulary.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment