CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hakim, Hakim, Hakim - Mommy wudetshu Hakim!

Hakim, in Amharic, is the word for doctor and, with some annoyance, Nebyat says, "Doctor, doctor, doctor - Mommy loves the doctor". Maybe she's right, it does seem like we go to the doctor an aweful lot. I'd say 95% of the times I felt like it was justified. Today, I took both girls in - Jetu's cough sounds aweful at night (and I'm still not over my symptoms after 3 weeks). I didn't have a chance to ask the dentist about the polyp-like thing in Nebyat's throat and I really wanted that checked before she starts school this coming week, so I made sick appointments for both today. The tag thing in Neb's throat is nothing to worry about - normal tissue, just a bit of an irregularity like a skin tag. Jetu likely has a viral Upper Respiratory Infection and will not benefit from antibiotics, so the doctor recommended OTC children's cold medicine as necessary - said it could last 5-7 (more!) days. I'm wearing out on the sick front and ready for everyone to be well!

Happy New Year!

0 comments: