Well, it's been a while since I posted. We have made some progress on our adoption journey since, but not that much. We've met with our social worker to expand our home study for international purposes. We've submitted our application to adopt to DHS - Customs & Immigration Bureau. We've received their appointment times and gotten our fingerprints taken at their offices. My friend, Amy, has become a notary public so that she can notarize all of our various docs that will have to be notarized. We've sent our registration package in to the international agency. I've met with 2 women who've adopted from K Country, I've ordered the Rosetta Stone Course for beginning Russian. And, I'm reading other successful families' stories so that I can glean from them anything that has hung them up for any length of time.
I did learn already that two issues could present themself as problems. One, the deed to our house is in my name only; it sound like we need to quickly get that remedied and add Gigs to the deed. Two, I haven't changed my name officially to Gigs' last name and there's some inconsistencies between things that may cause confusion. I must discuss with our new Sara what to do about all of that. That affects health insurance, home ownership, background checks, passports, etc. We'll see. If I need to I can get it all remedied fairly quickly, it just may cost us some bucks. I like my last name better than his, but it's really just been laziness more than anything that has prevented me from making the formal change everywhere.
That's pretty much the update for now - I ask all who read this to do the most important thing and pray for us and our journey; and more importantly, for all the children in orphanages all over the world. Thanks.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment