CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year......More waiting

Gigs and I had a lovely holiday season. Gigs' and my birthdays are both in December, so we register another year older this January 2 - yet another reminder of how time flies. Waiting for a referral makes time seem to stand still. The birthdays, however, generate the opposite sensation.

We're planning a trip to celebrate Gigs' 50th; he's always wanted to visit Puerto Rico. The plans are underway for late January or February, hopefully. Our other big gift was a new gas cooktop for the kitchen - a present that benefits the whole extended family (including friends) - who we entertain regularly.

I'm feeling very blessed with regard to work. I put out the word that I wanted to pick up some additional project work during my hiatus period and several opportuntiies arose. A friend passed my resume on to a client and it looks like I'll have as much work as I want starting next week right through to my big project kicking off in April - that should help with passing the wait time and also with the costs of the adoption and travel.

Waiting (mostly) patiently,
TJ

1 comments:

mommytoalot said...

Sure hope you get your vacation. Puerto Rico seems nice.
thanks for you kind words and for stopping by my blog.
It's greatly appreciated.
hugs