CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Something is getting done!

We have no news about our travel date, however I'm about 80% confident that we'll travel 8/15 and return 8/23. In the meantime, there are tons to do at home and at work so that things will go as smoothly as possible. There are work projects to complete; home projects to complete; the girls' room to prepare; donations to amass and pack; personal packing to do; language learning; hair practicing; and so on... sometimes i do not feel as if I am making an adequate amount of progress.

The painter (a friend of ours) is upstairs right now painting the girls' room - this is the second of many steps in the decorating process. It is a critical one, second only to ordering the furniture that has a long lead time. I am not trying to exactly duplicate an HGTV Candace Olsen room, but it is definitely my inspiration. You'll see in the photos below that we have a long way to go from the before to anything resembling the inspiration room, but the process is underway. It's a lot brighter in there right now, I can tell you that.

Inspiration Room





Room As Is (Before)


Stay Tuned for Photos of the Updated Space!

1 comments:

Ann said...

love the idea pict...even the as is room is a palace for your girls. I know you will have fun with this project. Please don't stress and enjoy the moments..ok. K