CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Progress

I think I need a new camera before travel - I cannot seem to get very good pictures of the room to show you the progress of the painter. It's very hard to get a feel for the color exactly and it turned out much more yellow than I expected, but I like it nonetheless - I didn't want it to be too minty of a green - more a pale green apple. You can at least see that it will be much brighter in the room, when compared to the before shot in the earlier post. The painter has finished the walls - it took 3 coats to cover the previous paint since he didn't prime it - and is working to complete the trim this weekend; the trim has been primed [only] in this picture.




I've also made minor progress with my Amharic lessons. I have a CD and a little phrase book specifically for adoptive parents. I have been through the CD numerous times now and am starting to pick a few words and phrases up. I will not spend too much time learning Amharic, because although it will help a bit for communication with the girls initially, it is not their first language either and will not be all that helpful. I haven't located any resources to learn the Oromo language (their native), so I thought some of these phrases would get us by until the girls begin to comprehend English.

0 comments: