I searched my blog for Mother's Day entries from last year and was reminded of one of the harder Mothers' Days I'd had in many years. Mother's Day was May 12, I believe, two days before Jessica's birthday and just a few weeks after we'd learned that the expectant mother we were working with on a domestic adoption gave birth and decided to parent without so much as a phone call to us or the agency. I remember intentionally saying no (those who know me, know that's not easy for me) to a request for me to volunteer on that day at the Gosport Art Festival here in our area, which benefits a children's hospice with which I volunteer. I wasn't sure just how I'd feel that day and in the interest of self-care, did not overcommit myself.
I'm feeling better at this time this year, albeit not as good as I'd like to be feeling. As we wait.....and wait......and wait.....for things to happen with the adoption, fears sneak in (about it never happening, about being able to handle all that it will bring, etc.) and those fears have to be dealt with and squashed through sheer faith that God has his plan, that he would not put this on our hearts for naught and that if we rely on him, we will be able to do anything! In seeking God's will, sometimes it's hard to discern it - with regard to orphans and adoption, I don't think there's any doubt that he approves. I trust that he is working behind the scenes and bringing his plan to fruition. I cannot tell you how hopeful that makes me and how excited I am to see that plan unveiled.....finally! Thank you, Lord, for mothers in general, my mother specifically, the new mothers I've met during this adoption process, and for motherhood to come....so many blessings in that statement.
Our agency sent us a link to a UTube slide show that showed adoptive children (alone) and then each child with his or her mother after adoption - we even have some beautiful representation from the E-Country program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTVgIiKsRjg
3 years ago


1 comments:
Lovely post!
Post a Comment