CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Melkam Adis Anul!

Happy New Year! It's 2003 - you didn't know? In Ethiopia, they use a different calendar (the coptic, I believe). Today is New Years! Our Ethio family celebrated by journeying over the bridge-tunnel to Hampton to the Ethiopian Sport Cafe. We shared a Meat and Vegetable Combo Platter and then stopped at our favorite custard stand, Bravos for some caramel cashew on the way home. The girls were a little sad not to be going to the 8PM - 2AM party tonight at the restaurant, but I think we had a good time anyway. Nebyat refers to this as Everybody's Birthday in Ethiopia.








Jetu talked about Ethiopia the whole way home and told the curious story of the squirrels that lived in her pants there (yes, of course, while she was wearing them). They ate their favorite food, pine cones, etc. Oh yes, the story went on for a solid 30 minutes. She was quite sincere in her delivery. What can I say, her imagination is fierce at this age. May she always maintain it!

0 comments: