CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can you say procrastinate?

I have been having a problem lately finishing things - I may have even blogged about it some time ago in this very blog. My condition has not improved with the emergent onset of our new life. Now, just when you would think the motivation would kick in to finish all that must be done before travelling to pick up the girls, I feel totally overwhelmed with everything that I've been unable to finish and almost paralyzed to get things done. Oh don't get me wrong, if I listed everything that I HAVE done since our referral, it would be an impressive list; it's just that there is so MUCH MORE to do. Everything I try to do seems to take forever! I am not feeling the joy I want to be feeling right now, but I guess we know who's to blame for that!

We have had no news regarding our specific travel dates, however it still appears that we will depart on 8/15 with 200 lbs of donations for the orphanage and a carry-on for each of us for all of our things and the girls' (still working on the organization of all of that) and return on 8/23 with our beautiful little strangers. Gigs and I have been struggling a bit with not having any information at all about the adjustment the girls have made at the transition center, their personalities in general, all that sort of stuff. I've been saying when asked, that we are mostly peaceful with short bouts of full-on anxiety.

Back to my aforementioned condition - right now when I should be shopping for leggings and dresses and fun stuff for the room on one of our last 2 weekends before travel, I just finished two intense days of working on our income tax returns - it's the age-old dilemma of the cobbler whose children had no shoes.....

Shame on me! But take pity, please, it really feels like an afliction - something I just could not overcome to do these kinds of things!

2 comments:

Ann said...

tip 4 u, spread the girls personal items in the top part of your bins and mark the bin so you can pull them out b4 turning them into the foster home.

Juli said...

praying for you! if there are things i can do for you, please let me know! i'm available to shop with you... i'd love buying PINK stuff!!