CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

So little time....

I expected to hear something, anything after Sally's scheduled appointment with the Agency yesterday. I saw one of the counselors at a volunteer gig last night and she said Sally's appointment was for 4:30, that the counselor left the office between 4:30 and 5:00 and Sally had not shown up yet to meet with the other counselor. She said that Sally had said at some point, "Why do we have to do all these meetings? Can't I just call you when I have the baby?" I know they were trying to offer her some counseling to help with some of the growing grief issues and to help her walk through her adoption decision. I don't think she's open to this part of the process and I don't think it means much of anything with regard to her final decision to make an adoption plan. Who knows....

Without a commitment on her part, I guess we cannot have our attorney draw up any of the requisite paperwork, but on the other hand, it will save us the retainer until we're certain that she's following through. I'm sure all of the paperwork, etc. can be done after the baby's birth, prior to release from the hospital - I just hope the attorney is available on such short notice. I plan to ask the Agency whether we should go ahead and alert the attorney, check her schedule, etc. for the period around the due date. Of course, she could have this baby pretty much any day now. I don't know whether to hope for an early, on-time, or late delivery - I guess I'm just praying for God's timing and a healthy baby, regardless of the final outcome.

This morning it hit me that there are only 2 weekends between now and the baby's due date - only 20 days. Sometimes I feel very calm about the whole thing and sometimes I feel crazed with anxiety. I really need to finish the afghan I started crocheting. I am very close! I'm nearly finished with all the squares, and then I must connect all 81 of them together and crochet two rows around the whole perimeter to finish off. It definitely helps to keep my hands busy and focus on something concrete. The good thing about this situation is that it will not go on indefinitely, the baby will come, decisions will be made, life will go on.

0 comments: