This is usually the time that I have a break from work and get caught up on all the stuff I put off until this period. I don't have that luxury this year since I took on additional work for this first quarter of the year. I'm glad for the work and the busy-ness, but I really wonder how I'll get everything done sometimes. The project I'm working on isn't really great for the flexibility I specified in negotiations for the terms of our arrangement. There's much to be done, deadlines looming, and stressed out management, but overall things have been going well. I have another small project that I need to jump on and knock out as well. I think I'm going to insist and take a full day this week and one next week to work on the second project, so that I can have one less thing to weigh on my nerves.
In addition to all this wonderful work, I'm participating in the 10-week challenge at the gym that requires a minimum of 3 visits per week (including at least one class), journalling food intake, etc. This must be a priority - I am about to have two new little responsibilities and I have to be in the best shape I can muster up in the next couple of months. Thanks to the flu I've had some moderate success there on the weight loss; unfortunately it's also set me back on lung capacity and energy level, but I'm on the road back.
For the adoption, there are still some things we need to be working on - we need to do tax returns and get our immunizations for our travel to E Country and some of those are series of shots, so we need to move on that asap. We also need to select an international adoption pediatrician to evaluate our referral which is expected to come anyday now. We expect to accept our referral and trust that God has done the decision making for us, but I suppose we should still do our due dilligence to be best prepared and have no surprises.
It's going to be a very exciting time these next 6 months - I am so grateful for the hope that this period holds, even for all the fear and trepidation that comes with it. It's time to focus on God, our marriage, our health, all the wonderful relationships in our lives and NOT all the busy-ness - it will all get done - it always does.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment