CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Exponential Anxiety

As the weeks go by [since news that we would hear from our agency with our referral "within the next few weeks"], excitement and anxiety have built. That news lifted me up with hope and excited me for the first two weeks - I did not feel so anxious. Anxiety started getting the better of me this third week - it wreaks havoc on my concentration and focus at work. I try to work but am drawn constantly back to email, blogs, yahoo groups, etc. I am obsessively and compulsively checking everything - I have had impatient feelings about people whose blogs I follow - I think, "ENTERTAIN ME, if nothing else!!! Why haven't you blogged?" I'm looking at blogs I haven't looked at for a while and that can prove to be a treasure trove of new posts for me to peruse or it can be that they have been too busy to update their blog and I think "Thanks alot!" I'm out here with anxiety and I need to read about your life - about your trips to E Country; about the beautiful little ones you've added to your family; about the realities of your new life as compared to your expectations.... For anyone who's been through this, tell me I'm justifiably but temporarily insane at the moment, and that I will return to normal sometime soon.

In news from the agency this week, we received a reminder about the post-placement reporting that's required for each country and a note that our case worker is off on Monday. I guess that means I can put crazy to bed until Tuesday?

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Terri, I can totally feel your pain (literally). I also find it hard to concentrate and I am starting to think that I am going slightly (a lot) neurotic.... especially when I look at my husband who is such a cool cat about the entire situation. Try to have a relaxing weekend!

Juli said...

totally normal, but definitely crazy. i know. i remember.

i am impatient for you, too!

are you on facebook? it could be a whole new impression for you!

i'm sorry i havent been entertaining you...

love ya!!

Juli said...

okay, the word impression was supposed to be obsession...

Ann said...

Hey, I will make a point to BLOG something for you to take your mind off work on Monday,,Ok? gnite crazy.