CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

State Dept recognizes some movement

The US State Dept has posted that there is official word that adoptions of children abandoned in the capital city who were at one of three government-run orphanages will be heard at the Court. This is far from a total lift of the ban, but certainly seems like movement in the right direction. I so hope things can be resolved quickly and that the families whose cases were not heard last week will be rescheduled for the very near future. And, that the next round of referrals can be sent out.

Piecing together information from various sources, it sounds like the children our agency has referred all came from one government orphanage in the area of the Capital City called Asco which I believe is in the Kolfe-Keranio Subcity. I searched high and low on the internet to see if I could find any list of government orphanages in the capital city and had no luck. I also searched and searched to see if I could find any specific information about the orphanage with which I think our in-country coordinator cooperates; I have a name, but it's very common. I had no luck. I do know, based on what the author, Melissa Fay Greene, says there are hole-in-the-wall orphanages all over the place.

Our State-side Country coordinator has been on vacation all week, so noone's been able to specifically ask about the name and affiliations of the orphanage(s). I am hopeful that the orphanage is a government orphanage based on previous communication from the agency.

Pray for continued resolution and a lifting of the ban!

1 comments:

Ann said...

I think you are right.