CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14

Well, May 14 has come and gone. May 14 is Jessica's (my daughter's) birthday. It's hard to believe that I'm 44 years old and my baby would be 27 today. Interestingly enough, there was a young IT auditor working on my project this week. Her name is Jessie - I asked her a few days ago if her full name was Jessica and she confirmed it was true. I told her that Jessica was my daughter's name and that she had died when she was almost 4. A few days later she said, "Tomorrow is my birthday!" I said, "You're birthday is May 14?" She said, "Yes"; I said "Year?" She said, "1982". I shared with her that not only did she have the same name, but that she was born on the same exact day and year of my daughter. I offered to take her to Chucky Cheese for her birthday lunch today, but, after much joking, we decided that might be a little much.

Today was also the memorial service for Danny, see below. It's been a pretty emotionally exhausting couple of weeks.

Happy Birthday, Jessica.

0 comments: