We've been home just a little over 2 weeks and Mommy got brave and decided to take the girls to the beach to play on the playground in the sand. Of course, we also had to check out the waves. The playground was fun, but experiencing wading in the ocean with the girls for their first time was much fun and very special. They squealed with delight as the water took us by surprise once and the sand moved under our feet as the water rushed back out - it was pure joy. I don't know what Jetu's facial expression was all about, but this is just an example of the expressiveness this child posesses.



Speaking of water, yesterday during naptime, Nebyat was up for a while and Jetu continued to sleep; I was filling the kitchen sink to clean up some dishes when Jetu cried. Nebyat yelled, "Mommy - Jetu"; I dropped everything literally and headed quickly up the stairs. We dilly-dallied around up there for quite a while and then came back down. We walked into the kitchen and Nebyat squealed "Mommy!" I looked up and I had let the water run when I ran upstairs - here was the scene that had Neb cracking up. I explained to her that this was a perfect time to exclaim "Oh my Goodness!" (See prior post from Saturday.)
The cleanup was fairly easy, but I guess I didn't do a good enough job since shortly after, I took a step to the right and slid on the still damp, slick floor and ended up on my butt. I'm so glad that I can be such a source of entertainment for Nebyat; she breaks up everytime she demonstrates mommy's fall.
3 years ago


2 comments:
I'm sorry, I too chuckled at your whole kitchen experience.
Thanks for the updates and the pictures. The girls are as precious as can be. Please keep sharing!!
Post a Comment