CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Prayer Request for Antibiotic Success (Warning - somewhat disgusting)

For our praying friends, please pray that the antibiotics at our house work and work fast. Mommy and Jetu and to a lesser extent, Nebyat, have all been attacked by something that could be staff or MRSA or something else. Mommy had to have 2 abscesses opened, drained and packed and has been in pretty severe pain for 5 or 6 days. Nebyat had a tiny whitehead on her face take off into something a bit more involved and had to have that dealt with by the doctor - that was pleasant for her and me; she should be fine. Jetu scratched and scratched at a mosquito bite on her chest and now has a 1-2 inch mass on her chest near the mosquito bite that the doctor says is also an abscess. Unfortunately, her lump is well below the surface and if the oral antibiotics do not show progress at ridding the abscess, she will have to be given IV antibiotics and potentially have to have surgery to drain it. This would require hospitalization and anesthesia and a painful (if it's anything like Mommy's) recovery period.

Thanks and we'll try to update after our follow-up doctor appointment.

5 comments:

Juli said...

Oh my goodness! I'm praying. I was going to call and ask for details, but figured I'd check the blog first rather than bugging you at bedtime. Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING.

Ann said...

I hope you all recover fast and get back to enjoying pain free days, take care K

Lynae and Chris said...

Prayers and hugs your way. MRSA went through our house about a year or so ago and it wasn't fun. Hang in there, are you washing with the pink soap and putting that stuff in your noses? One of our children required hospitalization and honestly I think it was better. They were able to give stronger medicine and he healed faster than our other child. We also had MRSA come back several time before it final decided to leave our house. We kept putting the medicine in everybody noses for about a month or so after the breakouts. I also kept a very close eye out for any tiny bumps and would call the doctor if I thought one was developing. Good Luck...

Kellie said...

Oh no, praying for a fast recovery!

Kellie, Mike and Liya

TJ said...

Lynae and Chris,
I'm not sure which soap you mean or which stuff to put up our noses, but we're doing neither. The doctor did advise a splash of bleach in the bathwater, keeping nails very short, washing sheets and stuff in hot, hot water, etc.
You can let me know here or at paresinc@erols.com .
Thanks,
Terri