CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Hot Spot, Uggghhhh

Well, I still think we're doing well, but Nebyat has yet another spot that's got a lump fairly deep under the skin, about the size of a quarter - poor thing had a hard time sitting last evening since it's at the top of her butt/lower back area. I think the antibiotics are hitting it as it's less sensitive and shrinking a bit this morning. Jetu's 2 areas continue to improve.

Sleep went a little better last night. I agreed to sit with them in the room, under the condition that they went to sleep, didn't play or cry. Nebyat agreed and we had a peaceful transition to sleep and she didn't get up within the next half-hour. She woke around midnight or so and then came into the room to her nest. Jetu continued her pattern with 2 wake-ups through the night and required only a brief reassurance that Mommy was there to go back to sleep. I consider that progress and I was very grateful for the peaceful transition and the extra sleep, albeit interrupted.

Nebyat has been sharing some about her family in Ethiopia; I'm piecing things together and am anxious for our communication to improve so that she can share those things more freely - I can see her relief when she expresses something on the subject. I'll try to post on some of that later.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Now you know why rich people have nannies. It has nothing to do with not wanting to raise their kids and everything to do with getting a good night's sleep.

Hang in there, Mommy! I know you can do it.