Well, I still think we're doing well, but Nebyat has yet another spot that's got a lump fairly deep under the skin, about the size of a quarter - poor thing had a hard time sitting last evening since it's at the top of her butt/lower back area. I think the antibiotics are hitting it as it's less sensitive and shrinking a bit this morning. Jetu's 2 areas continue to improve.
Sleep went a little better last night. I agreed to sit with them in the room, under the condition that they went to sleep, didn't play or cry. Nebyat agreed and we had a peaceful transition to sleep and she didn't get up within the next half-hour. She woke around midnight or so and then came into the room to her nest. Jetu continued her pattern with 2 wake-ups through the night and required only a brief reassurance that Mommy was there to go back to sleep. I consider that progress and I was very grateful for the peaceful transition and the extra sleep, albeit interrupted.
Nebyat has been sharing some about her family in Ethiopia; I'm piecing things together and am anxious for our communication to improve so that she can share those things more freely - I can see her relief when she expresses something on the subject. I'll try to post on some of that later.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Another Hot Spot, Uggghhhh
Posted by TJ at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Now you know why rich people have nannies. It has nothing to do with not wanting to raise their kids and everything to do with getting a good night's sleep.
Hang in there, Mommy! I know you can do it.
Post a Comment