CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Getting Ready for October

October is always a rough month for me. I am a self-employed CPA and everyone thinks I do taxes and that the spring is difficult and busy for me. I actually do very, very few tax returns and spring is my hiatus period, not busy at all. I have a subcontract with KPMG to audit a government agency as part of the Deptartment of Homeland Security financial statement audit. This is my 13th year, in one form or another, with this contract. I'm not alone in the endeavor, more like the on-site manager of the local team. As the government fiscal year end closes September 30, October is when all of our work is completed and wrapped up before I have a 5-6 month break. I had to commit to the contract this year with the adoption certainty and timing so much up in the air.

It's very hard for me to leave the girls at this critical time in our bonding and attachment process, but I'm contractually obligated and besides, we need the money so I can take half a year off. Things really are going very well, so I feel a bit better about it. I would just rather be home with them being the one to enjoy this time together. Last week Kimberly was here and kept the girls for the partial days that I worked. This month my parents have volunteered to come to town and help with the girls. We've found a little (very old, but clean) efficiency apt on the oceanfront for them. In this way, we can still have some separation in the evening and they can have some break from all the chaos, I mean fun, at our house. Grandparents need to bond too!

Pray that things go smoothly for Grandma, Pappy and the girls; and, that I handle the stress of wrapping up my work project in a gracious and peaceful way. It's always a challenge.

0 comments: