CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

She just is that good....

My little one, I swear, amazes me. She didn't fuss coming out of anesthesia last night, nor has she cried or fussed in any way since - she slept pretty well overnight with two wake-ups and immediate return to sleep - tylenol before bed, nothing through the night - and then woke up happier than can be. I'm not looking forward to the dressing change this morning though. As soon as we got home last night, she ate well.

Big sis on the other hand, I think had a problem not being the center of attention a bit. In her defense, it was an emotional experience for her too and our lack of full communication made it difficult to comfort her once or twice as her sister was taken away and then when she and papa had to go get the car (without having seen Mommy & Jetu as they were still in recovery). Nebyat fell asleep on the way home. Gigs carried her in to the couch once home and she awoke, and she was miserable for about an hour. Jetu was actually comforting HER as Nebyat whined and cried. Sometimes that's the kind of thing that drives me crazy with Neb, then I have to remind myself that she is 6 and she has very different issues to deal with in this transition and she's six. I love her beyond even my comprehension, but I don't particularly like her [behavior] when she has a meltdown because her sister gets canary yellow disposable pajamas prior to surgery, and she doesn't.

0 comments: