We are at CHKD and the surgical consult resulted in the same decision - to go ahead and open Jetu's abscess to drain and then pack it; it's on the anterior wall of her chest and it was too deep to handle in the pediatrician's office, plus they will anesthetize her for the procedure. She will not have to spend the night or anything luckily. We've been here all morning and now they've decided we need to be isolated - whatever. Continue to pray for Jetu's surgery, recovery, and rehab this weekend; and pray that this will be the end of this nasty infection we've passed around!
Please pray for me to have patience with people as well. The PA kept telling me how nice it was that we would adopt the girls. She asked if they were sisters (in front of them) and then said, yeah, but are they, you know, real sisters? After that she asked for their adoption paperwork to prove that I was the legal guardian (which by the way I did not have with me). I don't know why that irritated me, but if I brought my biological children in, noone would be asking for the paperwork to prove that I was their parent. We drove all the way from downtown Norfolk to Rosemont Road and then they called and said our adoption paperwork was scanned in a couple weeks ago at the lab at Princess Anne and we didn't need to get our copies from home. It's not that big of a deal, it's just a bit frustrating. These kind of incidents make me feel like someone considers me less of a parent and I imagine would cause my children to feel "less" or different as well if they understood and I didn't help them to process these things.
3 years ago


2 comments:
Be strong and firm with the staff and Dr's do not be sweet and kind, take notes of who said what regarding the procedures, make sure you are trained on how to clean the packing properly or demand that a NURSE visit the home to change the dressing. Have them give you any pain meds before you leave the hospital and ask for all the supplies you may need. thinking of you tons today. (Its very common for packing infections to actually make another infection k
So sad that people would lack such sensitivity. You should have asked her for her birth certificate to see if it matches the name on her nametag... see how she likes it!
Liya says "Get well soon Jetu!"
Post a Comment