Mommy tried to make doro wot (tradtional Ethiopian red chicken stew) today with Nebyat's assistance. I thought it turned out pretty well. We used the traditional berbere spice that I ordered online and served with the injera (sour-doughish pancake-like bread of Ethiopia)we also got from the same source and froze. Neither girl seemed overly impressed and although I didn't find it overly spicy, Nebyat said it was hot. She also said she wanted to make chili which she preferred over this wot. It was pretty anti-climactic after all the planning, talking, etc. Oh well, I tried...
A friend called today to say she might be passing along some authentic Ethiopian foods that her co-worker (husband's Ethiopian) wanted to share with us. It will be interesting to see if the girls like any of her stuff better or whether they've just lost the taste for Ethiopian food (for now).
Here are the girls in their helper outfits - Nebyat helped cut lots of onions and Jetu helped by eating.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment