Mommy's a bit emotional this week with so much to get done for the small project I'm working on and the preparations for the upcoming holiday. Yesterday, a good friend and I said farewell as she and her family move to Las Vegas to pursue ministry on the strip! She is such an inspiration to me (in her faith and with regard to adoption, etc.) and although we get to spend time together less than I'd like, I will miss those times. I know that we'll be in touch and that we'll likely even see eachother on rare occasion, but I will miss our visits including the kids (our two families have grown from zero to five children between us in just about a year's time).
Today, I heard that one of my four-legged friends passed on; even this made me cry. Fellow Peace Corps volunteer, Connie, sent me this today:
Feline RPCV Succumbs to CRF
Pani Paczki entered kitty heaven December 9, 2009 following a prolonged battle with chronic kidney failure (CRF). Born April 25, 1994 in Konin, Poland, Pani Paczki transitioned from backpack travel throughout Poland to riding shotgun on road trips from DC to: Corning, NY, Boston, MA, Palm Harbor, FL and Austin, TX – residing in Konin, Alexandria, VA, Palm Harbor, FL and finally Austin, TX. Predeceased by cousin Toonces, she is survived by Mom (Connie Beckski), sister (Laura Beck) and nieces Thea and Amelia. Pani Paczki provided pleasure and comfort to all her knew her. A celebration of her life will be held during the next Poland VIII gathering.
I couldn't get the photo to copy into the blog - I'm extremely techno-challenged this week. Perhaps, I can add it later today. She really was part of their family and part of our PC family!
We're off to karate - hopefully, the girls won't notice the tears - I think it's okay to cry in front of them, but two days in a row might be a little much and make them feel less than safe.
Goodbye, good friends!
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment