CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 25, 2009

A Very Special Christmas

I wondered how this day would go. I so wanted for it to be sweet and special. And, despite procrastination (what were you doing at 2am last night?) and mommy's never-ending cold, now bronchitis/sinus infection, we got all the preparation done and had a glorious day rejoicing and celebrating the birth of our Savior. I'm not sure that's what the girls would say was the whole point, but for Mommy and Papa, we definitely felt blessed just to witness their joy. We really tried to keep it a bit low-key, but it was still full of excess from their point of view.

Nebyat woke up first, both girls had ended up in our room overnight. She said, "Momma? Presents?" I said, "I don't know." She said, "Nebyat look" I said okay - she could look down over the loft directly to the tree. The look on her face was priceless and she said, "Momma, come on, look, a big one..." She also quickly noted that Santa had finished off the cookies and milk she remembered late to leave out for him. I was so glad that we had 4 total cookies left in the house, not sure what we might have offered up in lieu. Nebyat suggested adding a piece of pizza, but I assured her the cookies would be sufficient. I said, "Hey, we moved that huge plant (poinsetta in front of the fireplace), how did that get back there?" She said, "Santa!" Jetu quickly woke and they were anxious to get downstairs, but obediently brushed their teeth and waited for momma and papa. Jetu, was precious going to get papa and the way she was saying, "Papa, come on, look!"

As for presents, the big gifts were a dollhouse and a play kitchen (the big one). The only thing Nebyat asked for was a white dress and white or Cinderella shoes. She was very pleased with Santa's choice for those. She also received her own digital camera so that Momma's might last longer than 3 months next time. Jetu got a doctor kit and a dolly that makes sucking noises when her bottle is placed at her mouth and then cries when it is removed. After opening the doll at about the half-way point, she just wanted to play. She even permitted Nebyat to open most of the rest of her gifts for her. They both received a couple new outfits with shoes for their Mimi's and that is always a big hit. Any clothes they personally received were discarded immediately without a second glance. Good thing Santa put them all in one big box instead of wrapping individually. Their excitement and joy was precious.

We had friends join us for dinner, Glenn and Carole, just back from a cruise and no heat in this cold wave at their house. They also brought their two little dogs, enjoyed much by the girls. It was a smaller than usual party, but very enjoyable nonetheless. The girls showed off their best manners and behavior for dinner and put on a dance extravaganza and fashion show for entertainment during the dessert hour.

No naps today, off to bed at 9PM and it's 10:44 - Jetu hit the bed and passed out; Nebyat, on the other hand, is too excited to sleep, I think. Momma's getting that nighttime, I don't feel very good feeling and would love her to drift off NOW! She just reported that she can't sleep. I've instructed her to try. She's recounting an entire Barbie and Pegasus movie she watched this afternoon while momma got dinner together and the girls rested before company arrived. Could it be that 8:30 chocolate Santa?

0 comments: