CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The long quiet weekend...

I emailed our social worker on Friday to see if she knew anything more about Chesapeake's process or timeframes or next steps or anything for that matter. She said that she left a message at noon for the caseworker and never heard back on Friday.

She said the baby was taken at birth and that she's been in foster care since, and that parental rights are already terminated. She said they had profiles on some other families but that they were in northern VA and the agency was looking to place closer here. Apparently, there's a sister (perhaps half) and I'm not sure who has custody of her. The other issue that seemed determining was the bias that the baby be exposed to her African American heritage. I'm not sure how that will impact the decision process.

We'll know nothing until Monday at the earliest and our social worker's in Toronto for the week. Her counterpart and the director of the service and a volunteer colleague of mine will be handling the contact. Needless to say, we're anxious to hear anything...

0 comments: