Well, I had the blog about the optimism, now it's time for the pessimism. After speaking with someone familiar with Chesapeake SS, I feel like the possibility of adopting the baby presented is slim to none. There's definitely an operating edict at the service to place bi-racial children with families who are either biracial or AA. And, it sounds like the M.O. may be to collect the homestudy of white families and then wait until they get a family of color willing to do the adoption. It sounds like an issue at the top of the organization and not with the caseworkers involved.
I don't know if sharing information about the biracial members of our family or our personal experiences or intentions about how we can incorporate experiences in our lives that would allow exploration and embracing of the AA heritage will be possible.
I guess I'll have to put the unfinished afghan away again...
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment