Well, I've submitted all of the criminal background info we could gather, to our agency. CIS and the FBI show Gigs' 30-year old charges, nothing else shows anywhere including local, Pennsylvania courts, etc. We're waiting for the access and review record from the PA State Police so that we can provide that as court disposition to CIS, along with our long-form homestudy that will have to address it, and a letter of expalanation/remorse from Gigs. Then we will await CIS approval - once we have that we can change countries, if necessary (for a fee except for the first time), but it's critical we achieve this approval to be allowed to adopt internationally from ANY country. The delays are disappointing as I had really hoped that things would work to travel and come home with our child during my next hiatus from my big project. As time goes by, that's very unlikely. I'm not too concerned about the timing, I understand that that is in God's hands. It all is and I ask that you pray for my will to align with His.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment