First and foremost, I'm overwhelmed with joy for some friends whose Haitian twins are finally coming home in the next couple of weeks, along with another big arrival hopefully tonight! Pray for safe and healthy arrivals for the kids.
Today I got home from work before Gigs, so I checked the mail - I really wasn't expecting it yet, but a package from CIS was in the mailbox. I hesitated in opening the envelope, said a few prayers, and pulled the flap back. We have been approved to adopt and were given a favorable determination by the US government. I guess Gigs' letter of explanation/remorse did the thing. I thought it would be ok, but you just never know.
The bad news is that war has broken out in the country from which we planned to try to adopt. US-R Country relations are strained at best right now. With that and our agency's recent adoptee death and subsequent investigation, things are not looking too good on that front. We'll see....
I spoke with a very nice woman who works in my GYN office today on the recommendation of my dentist's receptionist. She talked to me about her international adoption experience, recommended a couple of waiting children websites, and even had some additional insight into non-traditional adoption.
The one website is very interesting and you can see some of the children's pictures and read their brief profiles there; others I think you must email agencies for additional information. There are children from most of the adoption-friendly countries in the world. I'm hoping I just see a child that we might want to pursue and be led that way. Say a prayer for God's will!
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment