Gigs and I were talking over the weekend about our upcoming travel and the drive back from DC on September 6. He said, "You know, that's Labor Day weekend." I said, "No, the weekend before is, isn't it?" Well, sure enough he was right and then it all kinda' made sense. There's always some relevance to these things in adoption -perhaps we just look for them and they're just coincidences, but I think not.
You see, Gigs and I met on Labor Day in 2002, 7 years ago. A friend and I were at a local hot spot for 1/2 price sushi when she got engaged in a conversation with a gentleman next to her. I sat there, somewhat out of the loop of their conversation when Gigs approached and asked if he and I had met or something to that effect. Smooth, eh? Honestly, I had no intention of dating him, but for some reason I can specifically remember telling him that night that I wanted to get married and have a family. I believe I gave him my card or something - no, no, no - I thought there might be some consulting work available at his company, etc. Well, one thing led to another and here we are 7 years later, leaving for Ethiopia in 5 days to pick up our beautiful little girls, neither of whom had even been born at the time we had that prophetic conversation. Love you, Honey, and I'm very grateful that you chose this family in those days before the proposal when you weren't so sure.
3 years ago


2 comments:
AWWWWWWW!!
And last year on September 6th you helped bring our boys home, too! (And the 5th, 2nd, and 1st, too!)
Compared to all you've gone through you're worried about a little weekend traffic? Anyway, Sunday is probably the best day to travel - Monday will be the pain. Plus, WHO CARES? You'll have your girls with you and it will just mean that much more bonding time.
I just caught up with all of your activity. I am so excited that it's really here!!
Have a safe trip!! I can't wait to meet those girls!!
Love,
Christine...
Post a Comment