Yesterday, we received one new picture of the girls and my heart breaks at the sight of them. They continue to look scared and sad and there was not a smile between them. I've asked for any adjustment/personality type information the in-country coordinator could pass along from the caregivers. I am not delusional and understand all too well that adoption comes only via grief. I would just like to know that there are times when the girls are able to play and interact with the other children and yes, laugh, or at least smile. I'm very concerned at this point about their transition - they were moved to our foster care center in the capital city June 5 and in the 2 months since, the little one has lost 5 of her 31 lbs; our 5 year old also lost, but a lesser 2 1/2 lbs, which is not quite as concerning. I just yearn for information, it is probably the hardest part of this process, I think - and there's been no communication on this front. Pray for their hearts to be protected as they suffer loss and uncertainty and change; pray for us to find the right ways to help them and guide them to healing and happiness. I feel so sad "with" them right now, and so very far away, and to be honest, fearful that we will be inadequate.
Gigs and I had to have our fingerprints redone for US Customs & Immigration yesterday - who knows why, but fingerprints expire after 15 months. Ours expire 5 days prior to our expected Embassy appointment! Do pray that the reports are returned quickly and without issue as this will have to be received prior to travel and we're hoping to leave in 17 days.
As I type this, I just received the final adoption decrees and birth certificates for the girls. Our caseworker said that passports will be issued on Monday and then the TB tests can be arranged.
3 years ago


2 comments:
I can only imagine the angst you're feeling. However, I'm confident that once the girls meet you and Mike that they will begin to shed their fears and feel the incredible love that you have for them. They can't possibly feel any other way!!
Stay strong, confident and prayerful - which I know you will.
Much love,
Christine...
I'm praying alongside you... for them and for you. God has ordained you as a family, so of course you are adequate... in His strength! Not sure if you remember how very conerned I was with Samuel last summer. He appeared to be getting thinner and thinner and was crying in all his pictures. And you know him today. It must be frightening for the kiddos to have cameras stuck in their faces by people they barely know. And measurements aren't always reliable... God has them in the palm of His mighty hand. I'm sorry the information that you desire isn't available. It is frustrating. But God knows. He knows exactly what they need. I'm praying those needs are met. Something I used to pray for my boys is that God would whisper our voices in their ears. That they would smell us and feel our arms around them. I'd pray for special moments with nannies and for lots of laughter. I'll pray these prayers for your girls now.
Love you!
Post a Comment