Big news of the day is that our caseworker called and said that as far as the girls' paperwork and the medical tests, we are cleared to travel for the Embassy appointment on September 2. We now have just the one thing pending and that is an amendment or re-issue of our I171-H from USCIS showing new expiration dates for our fingerprints. We requested our prints 30 days prior to expiration as recommended. USCIS did not recognize receipt of our request for 10 days. They then gave us an appointment for the next day, but said they had to wait for the FBI to send their report prior to issuing the new approval letter and that the FBI takes 2-4 weeks. Our agency thought this sounded ridiculous; a woman I spoke with at the State Department said it sounded like a really long time; the FBI said they issue their report when they receive a request from USCIS within 24 hours - so what is the problem? Can you say Satan? - I swear he jumps in at every stage of this process, just to mess with you! I've known this (note the name of this blog), but now I KNOW this.
We will defeat him and we will travel to Ethiopia come 8/29 and we will return home with our beautiful new FAMILY (he really hates that) and all of it will be because of God and to Glorify Him! I am claiming it! I'm making the flight arrangements today. Our lodging is booked. Work is planned. Preparations are being finalized. We deny him the power to rattle our faith; to frustrate us; to steal our joy! The God we serve is bigger than even a massive hurricane that might slow things down, but will not deter the fulfillment of His promises.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment