CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Exactly one week...

The baby's due date is exactly one week from today. I am feeling OK, trying to keep very busy, so as not to dwell on the fact that I know NOTHING!

The nice thing is that I've decided the timing for work isn't that bad if something does happen. They moved some superficial deadlines up to Friday this week, so I have to get that stuff done, and then I'm not sure that we have any specific deliverables coming up after that for quite some time. I think that I'd be able to work in a couple of meetings, work from home a bit, possibly take the full six weeks off and then come back part-time splitting schedules with Gigs with possibly 1 or 2 days per week requiring some minimal external support. It's so hard, because I'd just like to be home, but without any commitment on the part of this birthmother and the money we'll need to have saved for an international adoption, I had to commit to another contract. Once committed, I just have to make it work. Luckily, it's a relatively uneventful year and we know what we're doing in that it's basically the same as what we did in the prior year. That should make for an efficient process and the stress levels have been far reduced when compared to past years.

I've been thinking about other friends who are adopting and the patience and faith they've exhibited for the last more than 2 years of waiting. I also have this birthmother's feelings to consider. I feel silly sometimes getting the least bit upset about our situation - I feel very strange really. It's so different in this particular domestic situation when I compare it to the international situations I've learned about. Also, two of my friends are pregnant, and there is such a difference in the way we must prepare and the things that we're dealing with. I pray for all of our situations and that by the end of this year that we are all parents and happy little families!

0 comments: