CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Opportunities like this don't come along every day...

Every time that we are faced with something challenging or difficult, our response to that is an opportunity to glorify God. Gigs and I have heard nothing at this point and as the due date of the baby approaches, nerves get frazzled. I am praying every morning that I give God control - he has it anyway. I am also praying that no matter what news I hear or do not hear, I glorify him in my response. I am trying to plan for bad news, put on my armor so that when the time comes, I will turn to God and find peace in him. It's amazing how much purpose, direction, peace, and joy this faith brings. It's certainly worth a praise in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is not going to hurt to get bad news. I'm just saying - accepting God's will, knowing that he knows better than we do what's best for us and has the whole big picture in focus; that he has it all under control and that he will heal the pain and grow us in that process - is comforting and a source of much strength.

I just had a revelation - it used to aggravate me when people said they could never survive what I had survived, and never could be as strong as I am. That never sat well with me, and now I know why - that was never MY strength, but HIS! And the reason I felt so uncomfortable was because each time that was said to me I had an opportunity (that I did not seize) to witness and explain where from that strength was drawn! I will never be offended again!

9 DAYS AND COUNTING!

0 comments: