CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Mystery Madness

OK - I wrote a whole post on Wednesday, and then it errored out and disappeared and I didn't have the emotional energy to re-write it. I guess I wasn't supposed to post it.

I received a call late in the day on Wednesday from the Agency - big pit in the stomach, yes....the adoption counselor said that she wanted to update me. She said that as standard practice they send surveys out to new clients after about 3 months of their involvement with the agency. I remember receiving ours right around the time we were finishing up our home study. One was mailed to Sally at the end of last week along with the others that went out on schedule. Sally responded over the weekend and they received on Monday. She hasn't made it in for her counselling appointments, but sent back the questionaire, hmmmm. Her response was basic and for one question about satisfaction with results, or something, she just wrote "Still coming" - I guess as to say she hasn't completed that step, so cannot answer yet.

The counsellor had backed off and given her some space so as not to tick her off by being too pushy, but felt like this was a sign that she should try to contact her. She dialed Sally's office. Another woman answered, put her on hold, and then returned to say that Sally was out for a month and out of town. The counselor said, "Oh, did she have the baby?" and the lady said no. The counselor asked if she knew if everything was OK, and she said something to the effect of they did not know either or were a bit concerned.

The counselor tried Sally at her home number and the 12-year-old brother answered the phone. The counselor asked for Sally, and he said that she was not home, but that she would be back in an hour. The counselor tried back and the 12-year-old hung up on her a couple of times and then she received a recorded message that the Altel customer was not receiving calls - sounded like a block of sorts. She had not identified herself to the brother and I'm sure they have many creditors calling, etc. so who knows what that means?

I personally think Sally's just decided to do what she wanted to do which was to wait until the hospital and make her final decision and then make the call. It's possible she was sitting right there when the woman said she was gone from work for a month and out of town or that could be what she's told them or she could be out of town, don't really know.

I accept this, although it really is an uncomfortable feeling being so far out of touch. Perhaps, I'm supposed to feel this way so that I can empathize with a birthmother who would want information about the child she places for adoption - a situation in which I would have that power of information.

The fact is this adoption is as likely not to happen as it is to happen and God is really the only one who is in control and knows how it will turn out. I trust him and I will accept his will, not demand mine, in this situation.

0 comments: