CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Bit Sad about Delays...

We received the last of our dossier documents today and could easily get this dossier out today or tomorrow. Unfortunately, our agency will not process our dossier until we submit the final letters from our psychological evaluation. We were not informed that we had to have one, so we did not schedule this right away. I only found out by chatting with others in process. Gigs and I, each took the 567 question inventory (exam) on Monday and now we cannot get back in to see the psychologist until Tuesday, 10/14, the day I was hoping our dossier would be in E-Country for translation and submission to the Ministry of Women's Affairs. He'll need a few days after that to finalize the letters as well, so it looks like the earliest this will happen is Friday 10/17. Oh well, I am trying to accept God's timing, what's 14 days in comparison to Eternity. I'm just so excited to move forward!

I have a big praise for God today, as my friend's 4 month old baby, Ella, had a 6-hour surgury this morning to untether her spinal cord and correct another spina bifida issue and the results were just about as good as you could hope for. Her legs are moving after surgery and also the rectal muscles were responsive. She'll have to be monitored closely for reattachment and other issues that may develop, but it's quite possible that she may not have to have any more surgery and can have an unaffected life. Woohoo!

0 comments: