CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

So, so ready to submit....

On Friday I faxed all of our dossier documents to our agency for them to review since we cannot submit the final dossier until we have our psych evaluation letters in hand. I was hoping to get anything necessary corrected prior to sending the dossier in for processing and avoid delays at that time. Well I just received the following words from our facilitator:


I received your fax with your dossier for review.

Per the comments below it looks like you are ready to send it to me along with 2 exact copies and your payments.

Great job and congratulations!

1. Adoption Application Letter OK
2. USCIS Form I-171H (or its equivalent) OK
3. Adoption Agency License (provided by Agency) We will provide this
4. Home Study (with Agency and Social Worker licenses) OK
5. Birth Certificate OK
6. Marriage Certificate OK
7. Verification of Income (Employment Letter) OK
8. Medical Certificate s OK
9. Police Good Conduct Reports OK
10. Letter of Reference from Local Official OK
11. Letters of Reference from Family/Friends (2) OK
12. Power of Attorney (2) Remember -2 of these certified
13. Post Placement Obligation Letter OK
14. Photographs Remember to include photos


the verdict was good so you can breathe!
ON to the next step

This is, of course, very good news. I can now make all of the copies and just be waiting for those psych(o) letters. Say a prayer the psychologist is more reasonable than we expect, that he writes the letters in accordance with the guidelines, and that he does not require numerous days to do so. I am giving him a cd with the letters mocked up so he could just print them on letterhead immediately, but I am not anticipating it to be that easy. Additionally, I just checked with the office to see if there is a notary on staff. The receptionist said yes, but that she works her own schedule and is not there all the time. I will not know if her commission expires later than our requirement, etc. My notary can go and notarize the letters, but that might be hard to coordinate. I'm going to stop worrying and deal with it as it comes and, for the moment, enjoy the successful review of the dossier docs.

0 comments: