CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Praying for our Final Step

Today is the day - our follow-up for our psychological evaluation. Gigs, of course, is thrilled to spend another 2 hours talking to the psychologist. It should be interesting to see the results of our exam. I have to say, it's hard to imagine that anything would come up, but then... you start wondering about some of the answers you gave. For example, the psychologist warned us not to try to figure out what we thought the "right" answers were, because it was obvious that we were hiding things and that we didn't want to sound too virtuous.

There were some questions about my opinion, in general, of humans, and their potential for lying or cheating. I think that's human nature and must be challenged all the time. Do I think that a vast majority of people stretch things for their tax returns? yes. Do I think that most people if they got too much change from a cashier, would keep it? yes. Do I think, especially when people are "stealing from" or "lying to" a big company, that they're more likely to do it and less likely to be remorseful? yes. I admit that even, for myself, it's tempting to stretch to invoice for a full hour when it might have been 40 minutes that I worked, etc. It's been a couple years, but I've gone into a second movie after watching the one I paid for (Hey, the movie was going to play whether I watched it or not, so what's the harm, right? wrong). I've mended my ways and, as I've felt convicted, I cleaned up those little things more and more because I desire to face my Heavenly Father and have him declare me a good and faithful servant and to make Him proud. I obey out of love and a desire to please. Which is another reason I didn't want to lie in the test, I hope that my honesty in the test doesn't put me in some unexpected category of sociopathy.

Please pray that the meeting goes well and that Dr. Ward does what he needs to do in a timely fashion. Our kids are waiting!

0 comments: