Of course, the doctor I was worried about, screwed things up. He changed the format of my letter to document the date of his examination which was 10/07 (nearly a year ago) and that I had slightly elevated fasting blood sugar and lipids (e.g., my cholesterol was over 200 - it was a whopping 205). Then stated that the labs do not preclude successful adoption. My question is, then "Why did you feel a need to include the information?" I'm going to check, but I'm almost certain that I am now going to have to schedule another physical, wait for labs, and more letters, etc. This could be a month delay, hopefully less though. He just could not sign it the way it was. He even left in the part that I am in excellent physical, mental, and emotional health. It's very frustrating. I will not have my physical repeated with him, but go to my regular doctor at the practice. He's far more understanding and supportive. I could seriously understand if there had been anything significant, but by his own writing, slightly elevated blood levels of cholesterol - give me a break. God's timing....or maybe an answer to my prayers for assistance on weight loss and exercise motivation? Be careful what you ask for.
Well, in anticipation of another round of blood work and an examination that could impact the adoption - I'm on fruits and veggies today, a soy latte (Yuck!) and lean protein. I'm also going to fit in my workouts this week and drink all my water. My blood pressure, etc. responds very quickly when I do what I'm supposed to. It'll kickstart my health plan! Praise God, there's something good in everything.
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment