CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork....

They say the paperwork and waiting is the pregnancy and labor associated with adopted children. The downside of that is of course, sometimes it takes longer than 9 months to get to the arrival of the child. This is where we are now in our quest to adopt from E Country. I really wanted to try to get our dossier submitted within just a couple of weeks and that still may happen. The things that could slow us down are the medicals (ours turn a year old at the end of October and may need to be updated) and the I-171H from the USCIS which must be reissued based on our revisions to the home study to include a country change and a broadening of our acceptable age range. We are stating in our home study 2 sibling children between 6 and 60 months in age. We are stating a preference with our international agency for same-sex siblings and would prefer 6-36 months. God's got it worked out for us, so we will see how that plays out in the next few months. I am so excited to get a referral. I know it will be difficult, but so motivating to have specific children to focus on. I need faces, specifics at this point.

We had an interesting inquiry while I was in Miami. Our homestudy agency had a call from an agency in Oklahoma looking for a "Christian family, active in their Church" to adopt a baby due 9/19. Our case worker just wanted to check to see if we wanted to be considered. We declined. I really do not want to be sidetracked from our plan this time. We've waited long enough and we're so excited about E Country. This feels right!

Keep your hands inside the car at all times...

0 comments: