CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Psych!

Well, let's see, I wasn't totally aware of this, but Gigs and I must have a psychological evaluation including standardized testing and a letter drafted by the psychologist for our adoption process. I learned this when chatting online with another PAP E-Country with our agency. PAP for those who cannot guess is prospective adoptive parent (I think). I've been calling around in my spare (haha) time to find a place to get the psych eval done in a timeframe that won't delay us and that is not enormously expensive. The first price I got was $700! I'm hoping to get that down to $300 or less.

In other exciting news, I've learned much about notarization issues people have been facing in their processes over the last few days - thanks to the same PAP. I already have most of our dossier documents together and now in reevaluating them all with my new understanding, there's a likelihood that I'll have to redo a couple things, including.......you guessed it, the medical certs for which I stressed and begged, etc. Yep - the dates on the letters are not the same as the date of the notarization. This will also likely affect the powers of attorney which I've already had state authenticated. Man, it really would have been helpful to know this in advance - not sure why it wasn't included in the specific notarization guidance provided. Oh well, at least I can work on it while waiting for the revised USCIS determination.

1 comments:

Juli said...

Ah, man, I'm sorry about the date stuff. That is a bummer. At least you know now and it won't add extra time once everything is ready to go.