I've had a most amazing experience the last week. I was honored and thrilled to be permitted to witness the homecoming of my friends' adopted children first hand. Since God seemed to think it was appropriate to bring their newborn son into this world within a week of the final permission to bring their twin boys home from Haiti, things got a bit complicated. From the 8 or 9 days that Juli went overdue to the ultimate conclusion of a pretty long labor in a difficult Ceasarean birth and recovery, you'd think that would be complication enough. Nope - how about 3 hurricanes including the lovely little doozey, Hanna, that did that nice loop over Haiti the day they were supposed to fly in and out to pick up the boys, the two or three cancelled flights home, Chuck's very painful planter fasciitis flare up, Juli's not being allowed to lift anything, and you get the picture. They were in need of at least an extra set of hands. It was rough duty, but somebody had to do it. What a blast, really - I loved snuggling Tristan, the 3-week old, he travelled awesomely (word?) and then those precious boys came off the plane with Mommy & Daddy and melted my heart. I still don't know what Mimi and Tutu mean in Haitian Creole, but it has something to do with Tom and Jerry Cartoons. Those boys were so reserved until we put them in a double stroller and rolled them through the Miami airport. They took on completely different personas - rockstars! They waved and talked to every person who walked by - I'll never forget the mostly smiling responses. Ohhhhhh, they are going to be so much fun!
I am so encouraged right now about our adoption plans. I just pray that our path there is shorter - these poor babes waited from the time they were 10 weeks old, not much older than Tristan, when Mommy & Daddy committed to adopt them, for 2 years and 8 months to be allowed to come home to their forever family! Praise God they are home at last! Juli is an awesome mom and such an inspiration in how she's dealt with this adoption process, her pregnancy, the issues associated with getting the boys this last week, etc. They say you know a Christian by their fruit - Juli's fruit (and milk) is overflowing! Chuck is the Dude, Man, you will never see a prouder, more excited father. He sings and plays with the boys and they will never not know how loved they are or be able to say he's never communicated his love to them. All of these boys are so lucky to be part of this family; and these parents are so blessed to have these 3 awesome children! God is Good!
It wasn't our homecoming, but right up there in the joy department - and I'm very grateful to have been there.
3 years ago


1 comments:
Oh, gosh, Terri. Thank you! We love you!
Post a Comment