CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Need to share...

Thanks for the memories, Courtney!

Some of you know my story and some of you do not. The picture here is of my daughter, Jessica when she was about 2 years old. I think it pretty much captures her essence - cowboy boots, dancing on the table, smiling and full of life - the joy of mine. Jessica died in a car accident along with my first husband, 2 months before her 4th birthday.

I have not been a day-to-day mom for 22 years and yet it seems like it was just yesterday in so many ways. I love to share my mommy experiences, albeit distant, with my newly blessed mommy friends; it's so much a part of who I am. And, I always love to share my memories of Jessica, not just on special occasions and anniversaries, but any day, everyday, part of my life even now. Since their deaths, I've had so many amazing experiences....I've graduated from college and created a unique career and business for myself, I joined the Peace Corps, I've travelled to amazing places all over the world, I've rockclimbed, white water rafted, jumped out of an airplane, you name it, I've probably done it. But, nothing has compared to my experience being that little girl's mommy.


I saw a post on the Rockstars' blog and had to find this picture. Lulu just reminded me so much of Jess, I wanted to share. Man.....I can't wait to be a [day-to-day] mommy again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo of your precious little girl. I

I can see why Lulu made you think of her. They have a very similar look.

I can only imagine how very much you miss her.

The RockStar said...

I also see the likeness ... something in the smile and I know how my little one can light up a room. I am guessing by the picture that Jess had the same gift. Sorry for your loss, yet happy for your new adventure, and judging by your timeline, it is definitely an .

Juli said...

What a little spitfire! You are one of my heroes in life. Your ability to take your loss and turn it into giving to others is inspiring. I'm so looking forward to sharing day-to-day mommyhood with you!

Lynda said...

I am enjoying getting caught up on your blog.
Your little girl is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing her picture.

Lynda