CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Docs are done, Country change is requested

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallej.....lu....jah! The doctors both signed our letters. I dropped our request off to USCIS for our country change and age range change (say that 3 times fast, ha!)today - well, mailed it as they would not accept it hand-delivered, oh well -the post office lady said they'd have it tomorrow. That's about the best I could do. I was going to fedex it, but it would have been so costly and I don't think it would have gotten there any sooner.

I just went through the checklist and we're still waiting on a few things, but overall we are pretty close - nothing that WE must initiate or anticipate will take a bunch of time. Gigs got his income verification letter from his boss and I drafted my letter to be signed by my CPA (since I'm self-employed). We have local police good conduct reports, but they're going to have to be redone in a different format. That's about the last thing that we have to get done before Gigs goes to Germany next week and is not here to sign or do something. I actually think we might be able to get this thing submitted by the end of next week, if not this. I'm not sure when the clock starts - I think it's after translation and submission in country, but it shouldn't be long - I just am so excited about awaiting a referral. OK, I'm not stupid, I'm not excited about the waiting part, but being at that stage of the process is cool, the next step - awaiting travel will be harder, but also cooler, and travelling will be the ultimate! I feel good today about the whole thing, and I thank God for helping us find favor everywhere [so far] in this E Country process.

0 comments: